Tuesday 15 November 2011

Save the Date....

 
Next year I have decided to run the 12km City to Surf which will be held on Sunday 26th August 2012.

Right now I can just run 3km so it's safe to say I need to um, train a little more. So that my friends is my goal for the remainder of the year and of course, well into next year.

So here's my question....Who's in?

I would love to get a group running together, training together and motivating each other. We don't need to 'meet' every week to do it, you can take it at your own pace and come here or to my face book page to share your results, tips and hurdles. I know it's a loooong way away until August but for me, I feel like I need that amount of time.

For those of you that want to meet and train can come on down to our little 'running' group. We are aiming to run at least once a week together and will leave from Arbor Grove. We are going to master 3.5km then extend our distances until we hit our goals, every goal is different but for me it will be 12km (or half a marathon??).

Now what happens if I start training and all of a sudden realise that 12km is not quite long enough (HA) well then, the option to do a half marathon or even 42km is there.....(please note I said IF, I doubt very much that 12km is going to be too 'short').

I'm thinking it would be cool to get 'guest' bloggers to write about their experiences too.

So what do you think? Will you save the date?

For all the extra information please check out their website.

http://www.citytosurf.activ.asn.au/

Alice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment